DHL wanted to leverage their association as Logistics partner of Manchester United, by inviting Ex Manchester United Players to share their experiences while they were playing for Manchester United and give some insight into the workings of the team through a number of customer events and CSI initiatives
The top 26 countries in the DHL Sub Saharan Africa network were chosen to host the Manchester United Talks. Each DHL Country Manager advised Treble where they would like to host the event. Treble then took care of all the logistics of the event.
In each country the Manchester United legend did the following activities:
- DHL Customer Dinner – The Legend spoke about his career and answered questions. At these dinners a Man U electronic quiz was conducted, which brought new technology to most of these countries
- Media Interviews – TV, Radio, Newspapers
- CSI – Initiatives – Visits to hospitals, children’s home or any other initiative that was linked to DHL in each country.
- Football Clinics – Mini Football clinics were hosted for children in each city
- Customer visits – The Legend visited key DHL Customer offices
These visits were extremely well received by everyone, no matter if they were a fan of Manchester United or not. The unique experience brought DHL and their customers closer together.
Countries visited included: South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Botswana, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda, Nigeria, DRC, Ghana, Cote d Ivoire, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Liberia, The Gambia, Guinea, Senegal and Mauritius.